Some enlightening facts about alpacas!
In the spirit of the awesome blog Facts-I-Just-Made-Up, here are some facts about alpacas that we bet you never knew:
1. The word ‘alpaca’ comes from the Swahili ‘pacaalpaca’ meaning ‘giant fur monster.’
2. In North Dakota, it is illegal to take your alpaca to the supermarket after 5pm. In South Dakota, however, they couldn’t care less.
3. In 2009, Alfred the Alpaca set a world record for being the first alpaca to eat 26 tacos in under 2 minutes. He also currently holds the world record for being the most obese alpaca to date.
4. Tyra Banks is secretly dating an alpaca.
5. In Japan, there is an alpaca themed hotel. All of the receptionists are alpacas, and every human guest must wear an alpaca costume at all times.
This alpaca is not nearly as fat as Alfred the Alpaca: